Stupid, Lazy or Mean?

Examples of bad Customer Service or downright dishonesty. Some from organisations who have ignored my attempts to get them to fix things. Others from organisations that make it nigh on impossible to complain at all. And the odd tilt at Government

Friday, December 21, 2012

Ebuyer - a pain to deal with

I always used to rate eBuyer: good range of products, efficient website, decent prices, reliable delivery.

But they're not so easy to deal with when things go wrong.

I bought a £7.99 pack of A4 paper as part of an order. The cellophane pack came (separately from other items) loose in a polythene bag - their error. The pack had split open and so the edges of some sheets of paper were damaged.

eBuyer require the following steps before they will refund or replace:

1. Fill out online form, explaining the problem in detail
2. Wait for response
3. Follow instructions in their response email, which insist that I need to call them during office hours
4. Wait several minutes for agent  - who tells me they need a photo (why couldn't they just have said that in their email?)
5. On receipt of photo, they send instructions on how to return the item. I need to provide proper packaging (ie better packaging than they used) - otherwise my return will be refused. And I have to guarantee to be available continuously from 0900 to 1900 on my chosen day for a pickup.

Are they trying to be difficult, or are they just lacking the nous to see that a regular customer doesn't deserve this sort of hassle for a low-value item?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home