Stupid, Lazy or Mean?

Examples of bad Customer Service or downright dishonesty. Some from organisations who have ignored my attempts to get them to fix things. Others from organisations that make it nigh on impossible to complain at all. And the odd tilt at Government

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Want a VAT receipt for a Microsoft Download: wait 45 days

I bought an online download of a Windows 8 update, and paid with a credit card. Very promptly, Microsoft emailed a receipt, specifying the amount of VAT. But no VAT number.

I went to the "online account" they had set up for me - and the receipt offered was similarly lacking. Eventually I tried Microsoft Store Customer Support. After 10 minutes on hold, the agent told me that I would be sent a VAT receipt 45 days after purchase. I'll have to wait and see whether that is true.

Could Microsoft perhaps save themselves and customers some hassle by making a note of this on the receipt that they send immediately after purchase, I suggested. "That's not the way things work".

What a miserable company to do business with: doing stupid things, and declining to listen to customers who want to help them be less stupid.

3 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Tablet Review said...

if you get a paper receipt, I bet they'll invent a new invoice number just to rub you up a little more!

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Jay_101 said...

I have recently placed an order via the Microsoft store and I'm in a similar situation to the one you experience some time ago. I know its been a while so apologies. Did you manage to get a VAT invoice and if so did it come by email or post?

I’d be very grateful for any advice.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Visit http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msuk/en_GB/DisplayImprintPage/
Copy the VAT details onto your order confirmation using photoshop

 

Post a Comment

<< Home